The Woman's Hospital of Texas offers the most comprehensive care in the Houston region for high-risk pregnancies. Called the Antepartum Unit (APU), this 48-bed unit provides mothers on bed rest a second home complete with the additional support they and their vulnerable babies require.
We care for women with high-risk pregnancy conditions such as:
- Multiple babies
- Pre-term labor
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension (preeclampsia)
- Chronic hypertension (high-blood pressure)
- Premature rupture of membranes
- Incompetent or weakened cervix
- Bleeding disorders, including placenta previa and abruptio placentae
- Post-surgery complications
- Placenta Accreta
Patients can begin their stay as early as 9-10 weeks. Most antepartum patients arrive between 30-32 weeks, and a 3-4 week stay is typical. However, some mothers with uncontrolled diabetes or high blood pressure may begin their stay as early as 10-12 weeks into the pregnancy. Whatever your physician recommends, The Woman’s Hospital of Texas can help.