Volunteers at The Woman's Hospital of Texas give one of their most valuable assets-time.
- Opportunities include assisting the nursing unit secretaries, manning information desks in the surgery waiting room and the pre-surgical testing unit, and providing administrative support.
- We offer three additional adult volunteer opportunities.
- The Antepartum Family Support Program which matches volunteers with pregnant women on bed rest. Often these volunteers are women who were on bed rest during their pregnancy.
- Child Life Volunteers:
- The Cuddle Care Program places volunteers on our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to hold infants who need additional attention. This program has limited shifts and often has a waiting list. If accepted, you will be committing to a specific shift each week. Shifts are 3-hour increments. You must be 21 years of age to participate in the Cuddle Care Program.
- The Pediatric Unit Volunteer provides play opportunities for patients and their siblings in the playroom. When there are no patients in the playroom, volunteers may be asked to take toys and activities to patient rooms, as well as play with patients in their room. In addition, volunteers will help clean toys, clean the playroom, organize child life supplies, and other tasks as needed. Shifts are 4-hour increments Monday through Friday.
- If you are interested in the Child Life Volunteer Opportunities, please email them directly at TWHT.CLVOLUNTEER@HCAHEALTHCARE.COM
- We ask all adult volunteers (18+ years) for at least a one-year commitment. All volunteer opportunities are Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
- If you are interested in the volunteering opportunities (excluding Child Life), please email: Karen.Hinson@hcahealthcare.com
The Junior Volunteer Program operates two months during the summer, beginning in June and ending in August. To be eligible for this program, a student must be 14-years-old by January 1, and be in good standing at his or her school. The number of juniors we can accommodate is limited. Applications are available in March and due in mid-April. Please note that we do not offer a summer program for college students.
The Junior Volunteer applications will be available the first week of March. Please email Heather.DeLaTorre@hcahealthcare.com for an application.