At The Woman’s Hospital of Texas Pediatric Center, we specialize in treating children from birth through all stages of their growth and development. After all, more babies are born here than at any other hospital in Houston.
At the core of our pediatrics program is our certified, experienced, and skilled general pediatricians. These are the doctors who monitor your child’s health, growth and development as well as addressing any health issues that may arise.
Our general pediatrics team works together with our pediatric specialties to provide family-centered compassionate care in a kid-friendly environment.
A good pediatrician will educate the patient and family about the child’s condition and treatment options so the best medical decisions can be made. Should your child need to be admitted into our NICU, PICU or General Hospital for treatment and/or require a specialist, your pediatrician will continue to be a part of the medical team.
Choosing a general pediatrician affiliated with our hospital means that children with prenatal, neonatal or specialty health issues receive a continuity of care not available at all medical facilities.
Pediatrics is the branch of medicine dealing with the medical care and health of children from birth to 18 years of age. Not only do pediatricians provide medical care for acutely or chronically ill children, they also perform preventative healthcare service for healthy children. This includes:
- Managing the physical, mental and emotional well-being of their young patients
- Monitoring the development of children through each growth milestone, in both sickness and health
- Addressing both the immediate and long-term care and treatment of their patients.
The goals of a pediatrician include:
- Building long-lasting relationships with parents and children regarding the child’s health
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Monitoring proper developmental progress
- Helping ease pain or the problems of chronic health conditions in children
- Preventing injury
- Identifying behavioral issues
- Controlling the spread of infectious disease
- Reducing death rates of children and infants
Tips for Choosing a Pediatrician
Let’s face it, you will be spending a LOT of time in your pediatrician’s office over the years. The first year of life alone, most infants see their pediatricians 11 times for well visits. Get tips for finding the right pediatrician for your child and your family from the experts at HCA Woman’s Hospital of Texas Pediatric Center: Choosing a Pediatrician.
Find A Pediatrician
Find a board certified, experienced, and skilled pediatrician, plus schedule an appointment online. Search & Schedule