Thank you for choosing The Woman's Hospital of Texas. For more than 45 years, it has been our mission to provide compassionate and exceptional care to the women and babies we serve.
We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel welcomed and comfortable. If you or your family has a question or concern about your experience, please contact your nurse or a patient advocate so we may promptly address your concern.
At The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we are constantly striving to improve each patient's experience and the way we deliver care. We highly value feedback from our patients and families, so be sure to let us know what we're doing well and where we can improve. You are at the center of everything we do.
Hospital information for patients and visitors
At The Woman's Hospital of Texas, patients and visitors alike have access to a number of conveniences and services.
Guided by the needs of our patients, our wayfinding map is designed to help you plan your visit before you leave your house. Our map will help you find points of interest like dining options, restrooms and waiting rooms with simple wayfinding directions.
Wireless internet connection is available for patients and guests.
A telecommunications device is available to facilitate communication with hearing-impaired patients. Arrangements may also be made for a sign language interpreter to help any hearing-impaired or deaf patients. Please ask your provider for assistance.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas believes patient-focused care involves attention to the spiritual, as well as the physical and emotional needs of each patient. We will be glad to call clergy from any denomination or religious affiliation to meet your needs during your stay. Please speak with your nurse to request this service.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas chapel is located on the first floor of the East Tower and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Each patient suite has a thermostat to assist in keeping temperatures regulated for comfort. Medications can often make a patient feel warmer than usual, so rooms are generally cool. If at any time you would like additional blankets, they will be provided.
To provide a safe and healthy environment, The Woman's Hospital of Texas supports zero tolerance for violence. Security representatives are located in the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be reached by calling our on-duty security team at (502) 705-3728.
All verbal or nonverbal threats should be reported to your nurse, hospital security representative or PBX operators immediately.
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to make sure the gift is appropriate for the patient.
Floral arrangements and other gifts are available for purchase in our gift shop located on the first floor across from Baby Bean coffee shop. Snacks, candy and sodas are also available for purchase.
Monday through Friday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday: noon to 6:00pm
Ample parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Use our wayfinding map to identify the available parking options.
Our parking is managed by Metropolis. If it is your first time visiting The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, go to metropolis.io/join to register your vehicle and add a credit card for contactless payment.
To pay for your parking with cash, please visit our West Tower valet desk 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Weekly and monthly passes are available at the parking office Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Valet services are available at the entrances to the emergency department and main hospital for no additional charge to normal parking rates. Handicap-accessible spaces are available for patients with special needs. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or otherwise restricted areas. Please lock your car.
While we understand the importance of in-hospital patients having family members and loved ones by their side, the following visitor policy is necessary in order to best protect patients and those providing care.
- Masks and hand sanitizing stations are available at the West Tower main lobby and ER (drop-off only) entrances, which are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- All visitors need a valid ID to check in at the front desk
- Quite hours are observed daily from 9:00pm to 5:00am
- Support people must be 18 years of age or older and agree to practice hand hygiene and masking protocols
- OB emergency patients: One support person is allowed at bedside. This person can change throughout the patient’s stay.
- For labor and delivery patients: One support person is allowed throughout the entire stay and two additional visitors which can be switched out for a total of three people at any time. Accompanied children may count as a visitor in all areas. Doulas count as providers and are not considered visitors.
- Mother baby (antepartum unit) patients: There is no limit to the number of visitors, but all visitors must be in the patient's room, appropriate waiting rooms, or in a first floor common area. Loitering in the hallways is prohibited.
- NICU patients: No more than two visitors per NICU patient are allowed at one time. Siblings ages 3 and up are welcome to visit during set times; a health questionnaire is required prior to visiting. Sibling visitation will be limited during flu season (September through April). Please do not visit the NICU if you are ill. Speak with a nurse for specific details.
- Pediatric patients: No more than two visitors are allowed at one time for pediatric patients. Speak to a nurse for specific details.
Please note that visitation guidelines are subject to change.
Family members can relax in the waiting areas located on the first floor of the West Tower.
Food and nutrition services
Patients may order food by dialing extension *33663 anytime from 6:30am to 6:30pm. A food service representative will take your order, and your food will be delivered within 45 minutes.
If your physician has placed you on a modified or restricted diet, the food service representative will assist you with your selection.
The Café at The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is open daily.
Breakfast hours: 7:00am to 10:00am
Lunch hours: 11:00am to 2:00pm
Dinner hours: 4:30pm to 10:00pm
Grab and go meals are available from 11:00am to 10:00pm. Dining room seating area is open 24 hours a day.
The Baby Bean is our quick service eatery located on the first floor and is open daily from 6:30am to 9:00pm. Made-to-order sandwiches, pastries, snacks, and a full array of Starbucks beverages are available for purchase.
Hours may change on select holidays.
Patient and visitor disclaimer
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas prohibits discrimination against patients and visitors on the basis of:
- Sex and gender orientation
- Socioeconomic status