At The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we want to provide you and your loved ones with the best healthcare experience possible. We remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19) and the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and communities is our top priority.
While we understand the importance of in-hospital patients having family members and loved ones by their side, the following visitor policy is necessary in order to best protect patients and those providing care.
The current visitor policy is as follows:
- One support person and two visitors permitted for:
- Admitted non-COVID-19 patients, 6:00am - 9:00pm
- One support person and one visitor permitted for:
- Admitted COVID-19+ patients, 6:00am - 9:00pm
- One visitor permitted for:
- Emergency room patients
- Imaging, pre-admit testing appointments
- One 24-hour support person permitted for non-COVID-19 pediatric patients, laboring mothers and patient advocates pre-/post-surgery
- Two 24-hour support persons permitted for non-COVID-19 NICU patients
All visitors must complete a successful self-screening process at the West Tower before entering the hospital. They must also wear a mask and adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines for the duration of the visit.
We also encourage communication through virtual visitation to stay connected from a distance.
Exceptions to the one visitor policy will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If a patient or family member has an extenuating circumstance, we will work with them to help accommodate their needs.
We appreciate everyone's patience and support.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.