We believe in a Woman First approach to healthcare.
At The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we know that every woman is one of a kind. We believe that every woman deserves to be treated as an individual with the best understanding, compassion, and support for who she is at every stage of life. And, we know that one size health care does not fit all.
Our care philosophy is Woman First. It's in our name, and it's in our founding mission. Our hospital was founded in 1976 by 29 physicians who recognized a need in Houston for a facility focused solely on women in all stages of life. Our founders specifically chose to name the hospital Woman’s — not Women’s — in honor of each patient as an individual and the personal attention each woman receives.
The birthplace of women's care in Houston.
We were the first women's hospital in Houston and first facility in Texas dedicated to the health of women and newborns.
Today, we are the state’s premier facility dedicated to the health of women and children offering expertise and an outstanding level of care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, minimally-invasive surgery, infertility, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy NICU (neonatal intensive care) and pediatrics. We deliver over 800 babies a month, more than any other hospital in Texas, and care for more multiple births than any other hospital in the region. In addition, we are proud to provide outstanding care through:
- More than 650 board-certified physicians and over 400 licensed beds
- Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Continence Care, and Robotic Surgery
- Level IV NICU that provides the highest level of care for premature babies
- Designated Level IV Maternal facility equipped to provide comprehensive care for pregnant and postpartum patients with low-risk conditions to the most complex medical, surgical and/or obstetrical conditions that present a high risk
- The area's only March of Dimes NICU Family Support program
- Designated Texas Ten Step facility
A proud member of the HCA Houston Healthcare system
As a member of the HCA Houston Healthcare family of Hospitals, we are a part of the largest and most comprehensive family of healthcare provider in the region, and backed by HCA, the largest healthcare system in the nation. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home. Learn more about HCA Houston Healthcare's commitment to quality, purpose-driven care at HCA Houston Healthcare.