Labor and Delivery
Your Pregnancy, Your Way
Research proves that experience translates into better outcomes. That is why you should consider the labor and delivery team at The Woman’s Hospital of Texas for your baby’s birth. Woman’s offers the most experienced in the region, and delivers more babies than any other hospital in Houston.
From normal pregnancies to high-risk pregnancies, Woman’s has the technology and medical expertise to provide you with exceptional care. There is always a board-certified OB/GYN, neonatologist and anesthesiologist here around the clock. Each month, our hospital welcomes over 800 babies into the world.
Find out why so many families put their trust in our expertise and compassion. Request a guided tour of our labor and delivery unit, our nurseries and our postpartum units, by calling (713) 791-7495.
What Makes the Birth Experience at Woman’s Different?
- A 1-to-1 nurse-to-patient ratio means mother and baby receive all the support, expertise and compassion they need. We’re one of the few hospitals in the U.S. with such a nurse ratio in labor and delivery.
- We respect your birth plan, whether you want natural birth or an epidural, want to try a vaginal delivery even though you’ve had a cesarean before, or want to try a birthing ball, various birthing positions or massage techniques. You are welcome to bring a doula with you, though our labor and delivery nurses are trained in many of the same techniques.
- Our newly renovated rooms are designed to feel as much like home as possible backed by state-of-the-art equipment
- We have board-certified anesthesiologists, OB/GYNs, maternal-fetal medicine specialists and neonatologists 24/7 to handle any unexpected issues.
- Extensive mother-baby bonding after delivery, even for those born by cesarean section, during the critical ‘golden hour.’ Rather than keeping a baby in the nursery, we let each mother recover with her baby in her arms if she wishes.
- If you need rest after a long labor, you may sleep while your baby stays in the nursery. The choice is yours.
- Breastfeeding coaching and support after delivery is available 7 days a week.
Just ask us. We will be happy to accommodate your individual needs for your birth process. Learn more about labor and delivery at Woman’s Hospital: